Recently I visited Earth Sanctuary on Whidbey Island here in Washington State. It was an experience that’s not easy to describe. Tranquil, serene, revitalizing, and sacred are a few words that seem appropriate. While there I came across a string of seven flags strung between two trees, each the color of a chakra. On each flag was a healing affirmation appropriate to the chakra it represented.
These affirmations made such an impact on me that I’ve now incorporated them into my daily meditation, and will shortly add them to my Book of Shadows:
- root chakra/red/grounding: I am safe. I trust more; I fear less. I am centered and grounded.
- navel chakra/orange/creativity and passion: I feel my emotions and my pain. I reawaken my passion. I surrender to this moment.
- solar plexus chakra/yellow/personal power: I am courageous. I am whole. I stand in my power.
- heart chakra/green/love: I am loved; I let love in. I am kind to myself. I live in peace and gratitude.
- throat chakra/blue/expression: I play in my imagination. I create my reality. I know and share my truth.
- third eye chakra/indigo/psychic awareness: I honor my intuition. I accept my path. I am healing: body, mind, and spirit.
- crown chakra/violet/connection to the Divine: I connect with the Goddess and the God. I invite Sacred Transformation. I embrace the unity of all beings. (I changed this last one slightly – it originally read “I connect with Spirit.”)
As I visualize drawing a ball of white light either down from the spiritual realms or up from the earth, I verbally or mentally recite the affirmation for each chakra as I direct the light through that particular area.
Those interested in purchasing the flags will find many options by doing an internet search for healing flags set.