In Part II I discussed the Warrior’s shadow, the Victim. Becoming clear about the characteristics of the Victim helped me identify the beliefs I was carrying that interfered with my growth. But realizing where I was stunted and resolving to heal these areas was only part of the process. Because what we focus on is what we experience, it’s also necessary to turn our thoughts to new and empowering beliefs when we’re trying to replace the outmoded ones. To uncover these new beliefs I asked myself, “Who is the Warrior to me?” This is what I came up with:
Walking like the Warrior, or “Contract with my Selves”
- I will not allow myself to be victimized by the words, actions, or thoughts of others.
- I will not allow myself to be victimized by my own words, actions, or thoughts.
- I thank the Victim for showing me the path to the Warrior. With gratitude and compassion I now dismiss the Victim, and bid him farewell for the rest of this lifetime and beyond.
- I will not ignore my highest good or hide from the growth that leads me there.
- I will allow myself to feel my emotions.
- I will not allow myself to wallow in my emotions, or to shut down and hide from the opportunities for growth they present.
- I will walk with dignity, self-respect, and humility. I will honor myself and my gifts without being arrogant.
- At all times and in all ways, I will look on myself and others with compassion.
- At all times I will acknowledge and appreciate myself and others.
- I will see Love in every situation – its presence, the lack of it, the need for it, or the opportunity to create more of it.
- I will not allow my external reality to affect my inner peace.
- I have decided to have joy, peace, passion, and prosperity in my life, and I will not settle for anything less.
- I believe I’m worthy and capable of living a life guided by these principles, and will not give energy to thoughts that say otherwise.
Many of these have been inspired by the book Living with Joy by Sanaya Roman. (Scroll down to the “Book Club Selection” widget in the right margin for info on the book.)
Tomorrow in Part 4, I’ll share the culmination of this process – the healing ritual I recently performed.
Love and Light,